26-year-old Couva man kidnapped

Date: 
Wednesday, March 23, 2016 - 00:00

A 26-year-old man, Keston Mahabir, has been kidnapped.

Mahabir was snatched from his home at around 11:45 this morning. 

According to reports from family members, two women came to Mahabir’s Pityman Street, Mc Bean Couva home just before noon. 

They are said to have told Mahabir that they worked with the Ministry of Education and were interested in the after-school educational centre he ran from his home. 

Reports are that during the meeting, three masked men emerged from a car, stormed the house and dragged Mahabir away then sped off in the vehicle. 

At the same time, Mahabir’s cousin was said to be approaching the house in his vehicle which was grazed by the kidnappers’ car in the haste to get away.

Mahabir’s cousin then reported that the two women emerged from the house and said that Mahabir had been kidnapped, before they too quickly fled.

The family said no ransom has been demanded and there has been no word from Mahabir since. 

They however, have CCTV footage of the entire incident from the home.

FOR MORE TOP STORIES: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/latest-news