More Caribbean Airlines domestic flights continue to be disrupted by the adverse weather conditions at both Piarco and Arthur NR Robinson International Airports.
Passengers trying to get to the airport in Trinidad have been unable to pass through flooded routes.
Caribbean Airlines, in a statement earlier today, said all affected passengers are being accommodated on alternative flights.
In addition, the airline said it will begin to operate a jet service from 1.45 pm today to clear the backlog of passengers.
The affected domestic flights which have been cancelled are:
FLIGHT NUMBER: ROUTING
1502: Trinidad to Tobago
1503: Tobago to Trinidad
1506: Trinidad to Tobago
1507: Tobago to Trinidad
1526: Trinidad to Tobago
1527: Tobago to Trinidad
1530: Trinidad to Tobago
1531: Tobago to Trinidad
1536: Trinidad to Tobago
1537: Tobago to Trinidad
Caribbean Airlines thanked its valued customers for their patience and understanding. Passengers affected by the cancellations are being re-accommodated on other domestic services.
To minimise inconvenience to customers holding confirmed tickets for travel during the period October 19 – October 23, 2018, Caribbean Airlines is allowing persons whose travel plans are impacted by the adverse weather to rebook without the $50 change fee, subject to the following conditions:
1. Waiver of all fees for tickets rebooked in the same cabin, for travel up to October 23, 2018.
2. It is mandatory that customers contact Caribbean Airlines before the scheduled date of travel.
3. Full refund of fare paid, for travel up to October 23, 2018. The refund must be requested by October 23, 2018.
4. ALL changes must be made through Caribbean Airlines Call Centres or at Caribbean Airlines Ticket Offices
5. Caribbean Airlines will not be responsible for arrangements or transportation to/from an alternate airport or hotel/overnight expenses incurred by affected passengers.
Customers are advised to visit www.caribbean-airlines.com and check their flight status before going to the airport or call the Caribbean Airlines Call Centres for further details.
Source: TTGuardian: https://bit.ly/2PM0bxG