Education Minister Anthony Garcia and Minister of State in the Minister of Education, Dr Lovell Francis, will tomorrow visit the schools of the top three students to announce the results of the Secondary Entrance Assessment (SEA) Exam.
The results will be released tomorrow across all primary schools.
Thousands of students sat the examination, which consisted of three (3) papers English Language Arts Writing, Mathematics, and English Language Arts, on Thursday 3rd May, 2018.
This was the last year that the examination will be held in May (Term III).
In 2019, the SEA will revert to a March (Term II) as was previously done.
With the date returning to March in 2019, the Ministry says benefits will include:
• SEA papers being marked during the two weeks Easter vacation period.
• There would be no need to temporarily close the secondary school selected as a marking centre.
• Teachers selected as markers by CXC would not be required to be away from classes
• Earlier processing of SEA data by CXC and timely submission of results to the Ministry of Education, thus facilitating an earlier completion of the national placement exercise.
• Possibility of an earlier date to release the SEA results to schools. This can also facilitate an earlier start and completion of the query and transfer process.