The National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO) and Ministry of Works and Transport (MOWT) are advising that construction works along the Eastbound Lanes of the Churchill Roosevelt Highway (CRH) (located 100 metres east of the Curepe Intersection) will commence on Friday 19th April, 2019 at 5 am and is scheduled to be completed on Monday 22nd April, 2019 at 6 pm.
There will be one diversion in place affecting both eastbound and westbound traffic during these construction works.
A statement issued by the ministry says that this diversion will result in the reduction of the Churchill Roosevelt Highway (CRH) in both directions from three lanes to two lanes at designated sections.
It is also advising that the following alternative routes may be used to avoid the construction area:
• Eastern Main Road via the Uriah Butler Highway
• College Road via Southern Main Road (South), Trantrill Road, Freeman Road and Orange Grove Road
• Pasea Main Road via Southern Main Road (South), Trantrill Road, Freeman Road and Orange Grove Road and Trace
Motorists are further advised to:
• proceed with caution
• comply with instructions issued by police officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
• observe all temporary directional signage provided on the approaches to the site
• reduce speed on approaching the work zone
• be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site All precautions are being taken by the MOWT, NIDCO and its Contractor to guarantee proper Health, Safety and Environmental Standards.