The Association of Trinidad and Tobago Insurance Companies (ATTIC) is extending sympathies to the many victims of this week’s floods and says it stand ready to do its part to assist our nation.
ATTIC says that while the full extent of property and motor losses are still being assessed, it wants to extend the following advice to insured persons:
· If more than half of your vehicles was submerged in flood water, please do not attempt to start the vehicles. Have it inspected as soon as possible by your authorised repairer.
· Immediately contact your respective insurance company, agent or broker and notify them of any claims.
· If possible take as many photographs of your property and/or motor vehicles prior to cleaning up as this will assist the claim process.
· Submit estimates for loss and/or repairs along with a completed claim form and a statement of claim.
· Expect to hear from your insurer/agent/broker who will appoint an insurance adjuster who will visit the location where the loss occurred to survey your property and verify the claim.