Molino out of the Soca Warriors for a year, the Orlando Sentinel reports

Date: 
Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 18:00

Having been dropped from the Trinidad and Tobago team for breaking curfew to go to a nightclub prior to an important Caribbean Cup match against Martinique, it now seems that T&T will be without prolific striker Kevin Molino for up a year.

A report carried on the Orlando Sentinel says the 26-year old Orlando City playmaker is expected to make a statement Thursday on his future with the team.

However, the report notes that he has already said on his Snapchat social media account that he will be taking a year off from national team competition to focus on training.

The report notes that if that's the case, then the Soca Warriors will be without one of their most dangerous attacking threats – he's scored 15 goals for them in 35 matches – for World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica and Honduras in November.

The violation came days after Molino scored a hat trick for the Soca Warriors in a 4-0 stomping of the Dominican Republic in a Caribbean Cup match last week, according to the report.

Head coach Stephen Hart found out about the indiscretion and cut Molino just before T&T faced Martinique Tuesday night for a bid to the CONCACAF Gold Cup and the Caribbean Cup semifinals.

T&T lost 2-0 and was eliminated from the Caribbean Cup.

They must now fight for a Gold Cup appearance through a series of playoff matches.

source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

FOR MORE TOP STORIES: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/latest-news