Over 14,000 visitors did not leave T&T by their deadlines last year

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 14:15

More than 14,000 illegal persons who entered this country last year overstayed their time and may be still in the country.

This was revealed by Minister of National Security Edmund Dillon, during the question and answer session in the Parliament today.

The Minister told the House that some 409,000 persons came into the country between the period January 1st and November 30th, 2017.

He said that a total of 14,178 did not return to their respective countries as at November 30th.

He said the Ministry's records also show that four people were smuggled into the country from Venezuela and three from Colombia.

He said the National Security agencies are seeking to have them returned.

You can view the Minister's answer in Parliament below.