T&T nationals in areas affected by Hurricane Irma asked to contact Foreign Affairs Ministry

The Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs is appealing to nationals areas affected by Hurricane Irma to register with the Ministry as soon as possible.

In a statement issued today, the Ministry said that nationals and or their family members in the affected territories are reminded to forward the following information to the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs to [email protected]

 Names
 Dates of Birth
 Passport bio-data
 Contact information

Contact can also be made via telephone to 868-715-2154.

The statement said that Minister Stuart Young, who is acting as the Minister of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs and Ag. Minister of National Security, convened a meeting of key stakeholders to address the impact of and response to the passage of Hurricane Irma.

Attendees included representatives of the following entities:-

 Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs
 Ministry of National Security:
- Defence Force
- Immigration Division
- Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM)
 Caribbean Airlines Limited

Discussions at the meeting focussed on:
1. Coordinating mechanisms for providing assistance to Trinidad and Tobago nationals currently located in the affected territories.
2. Direct assistance by Trinidad and Tobago.
3. Trinidad and Tobago’s supporting role in the regional response - the ODPM, as a partner within the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA), has identified persons to form part of a Rapid Needs Assessment Team and an Operational Support Team. The Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force (TTDF), as a supporting agency, has also readied personnel and other assets.
4. Coordination of efforts by members of the public desirous of providing assistance.

The statement adds that individuals and organisations wishing to provide assistance to affected countries should contact the Office of the Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM), the coordinating agency, via telephone at emergency number 511 or via email at [email protected].