UPDATE: Town Centre Mall evacuated because of gas leak

Date: 
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 - 13:00

Fire officers swung into action this afternoon, cordoning off Chacon street after reports of a gas leak at Town Center Mall.

Reports are fire officers were called after security guards were informed that a 100-pound gas cylinder was leaking.

As a precaution town center mall was evacuated and businesses nearby, including Newsday newspaper, evacuated their premises as well.

A gas distribution company came and isolated the leaking tank and eventually removed it. No one was injured in the incident.