Minister of Works and Transport Rohan Sinanan has said his Ministry is working to ensure that last year's devastating flooding at the Housing Development Corporation's Greenvale housing development does not happen again.
Many Greenvale residents, who occupy housing units and apartments south of La Horquetta, are still rebuilding in the wake of last year disaster.
Several residents have abandoned their homes while others are wary the next rainy season could spell danger.
"(We are) leaving no stone unturned to ensure that what happened in Greenvale does not happen again," said Sinanan on Wednesday.
He said he was scheduled to meet with officials of the Drainage Division of the Ministry of Works to finalise plans for remedial work in Greenvale — both at the development and nearby rivers.
Tributaries from the Caroni River and the Arima River contributed to the sudden rise of the floods last October. Many residents were trapped in their homes and were unable to secure any of their belongings.
Sinanan declined to comment on recent dismissal of workers from the Galleons Passage, stating the workers were not even directly employed by NIDCO and as such he could not speak on the matter.
Reporter: Peter Christopher