A court marshall this morning enforced a writ of execution at the Couva home of former Crime Watch host Ian Alleyne, for failing to pay damages against him in Shaun Sammy vs Ian Alleyne defamation case.
Several items, including a refrigerator, a bed and a television, were taken from Alleyne's home, which attorney Om Lalla says will be auctioned off.
If the money collected from the auction is not enough to meet the court order of $600,000 in damages plus legal costs, other assets will seized.
Lalla said Ian Alleyne was given enough time to pay Sammy.
A taxi driver who allegedly stole over $25,000 from people by pretending to be foreign used car dealer was granted $50,000 approval bail after he appeared in court on 11 fraud charges.
Haimraj Narine, 39, of Macaulay Village, Claxton Bay, was also granted a cash bail alternative of $15,000 by San Fernando magistrate Nanette Forde-John.
It is alleged that during the period July and August he took sums of money from people to provide them with vehicles which he did not deliver.
A suspected pedophile who was who was held by relatives of an 11-year-old schoolgirl while attempting to meet the girl last week, has appeared in court charged with one count of sexual grooming.
29-year-old Neil Bissessar was been remanded in custody pending a criminal record trace, after appearing in the Chaguanas Magistrates' Court today.
The charge, which is under the Children's Act, was laid indictably.
A Trinidad and Tobago was has been granted US$60,000 bail by a magistrate in the British Virgin Islands for allegedly breaking into her former roommate’s house and making off with more than US$8,000 cash.
28-year-old Jenna Paponette has been charged with the offence.
The prosecution has alleged that, on April 20 this year, Paponette’s former room-mate secured her residence and went to work.
When she returned in the evening, her home seemed to have been intact.
A trustee with the Trinidad and Tobago police service social and welfare association has appeared in court to answer charges of failing to provide information related to last year’s day of total policing.
Inspector Ian Carty appeared in court after failing to provide documents to the Police Complaints Authority.
Carty pleaded not guilty to the offences.
The total policing took place on March 23rd last year.
Carty was hauled before the courts as the PCA felt that the information and documents were being deliberately withheld.
A bomb threat shut down the building housing all three courts in San Fernando this morning.
Te Magistrates Court, the High Court and the Traffic Court were all temporarily evacuated.
Operations resumed after a suspicios object outside the court, was removed.
CNC3's Ivan Toolsie contributed to this report.
FOR MORE TOP STORIES: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/latest-news
A Rio Claro man and a man from Cunupia will appear in court today charged with separate cases of murder.
The following is a statement by the Police Service on the matter.
"Two men will appear before the courts on Wednesday 25th May, 2016, charged in separate murders.
In the first case Amit Lawrence Ramjitsingh will appear before a Rio Claro Magistrate Court charged with the murder of Mookaram Mahabirsingh.
Mr. Mahabirsingh, 66, died from multiple chop wounds on May 22nd, 2016, at Mahabirsingh Trace, Navet Village, Rio Claro.
Police say two men are due to appear before the courts tomorrow, to answer separate charges of murder.
Michael Dematas, 25, a PH driver of Maracas Royal Road, Maracas St. Joseph , was on Tuesday charged with the murder of Keston Charles, a 31-year-old labourer.
The bodies of Charles and Anton Hinds, 40, also a labourer, were found on March 21st, 2016,with bullet wounds lying on the road at Guatarra Hill, off Maracas Royal Road.