Education Minister Anthony Garcia said pranksters will not be allowed to disrupt the administration of CSEC and CAPE examinations. Stricter security measures have been introduced following email messages sent out overnight about bombs being planted at several secondary schools across the country.
Speaking from his office at the Education Tower, Port-of-Spain, earlier today Garcia assured students and parents that there is nothing to panic about.
The Ministry of Education says it will not allow pranksters to disrupt the administration of the CSEC and CAPE examinations.
This, even as they introduced stricter security measures following widespread calls today that a number of bombs had been planted at several secondary schools across the country.
Speaking from his office at the Education Tower, Port-of-Spain earlier - Garcia assured students and parents that there was nothing to panic about.
The Ramai Trace Hindu School is 95 percent complete but it the ground in so overgrown with bush that it is now being used as a pasture for cows and goats.
In the meantime, over 200 students from the school are attending classes in the Hanuman Milan Mandir at Penal Rock Road, located several miles away.
Frustrated that their young loved ones were attending classes in a cramped, poorly ventilated mandir with limited washrooms, angry parents staged a protest at the overgrown school on Wednesday morning.
Education Minister Anthony Garcia is expected to receive a report today on an incident involving a student of the Mayaro Secondary School who was recently videotaped using obscene language in front of a teacher in a classroom.
The 29-second video, which has been widely shared on social media since Thursday, appears to have been recorded by another student.
Garcia held an emergency meeting with ministry officials on Friday and called for an immediate investigation into the incident.
The Association of Denominational Boards of Education has condemned a second attack of school personnel within a four-month period this year, in reference to the stabbing of a teacher at the St Pius Boy's RC School.
In February this year, the principal of the Tunapuna Hindu School was also assaulted on the school compound.
The attack on the teacher at the St Pius Boy's RC School took place on May 13 while the teacher was in her classroom.
She is currently warded at the Mt Hope Hospital.
The Ministry of Education’s Health, Safety and Security Division along with the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service are investigating a stabbing incident that took place at the St Pious Boys’ RC School on Monday.
The Education Ministry says that reports coming into the School Supervision Division have indicated that the teacher involved is in a stable condition at hospital.
On the heels of news of the possible closure of the University of T&T (UTT) Corinth Campus in south Trinidad, the Registrar has revealed that they are not aware that there was any stakeholder consultation in the process. There is now a desperate call for a forensic audit into UTT.
The Ministers of Education and Public Utilities have given assurances that water shortages will not prompt schools to close unexpectedly for the duration of the term, despite projections that the harsh dry season will continue into July.
Minister of Education Anthony Garcia met with Minister of Public Utilities, Robert Le Hunte, to review the protocols that ensure schools are prioritised in the water distribution schedule in effect nationwide.
Garcia says principals will have to alert the ministry at the end of the school day if there are supply challenges.
Students of the University of the West Indies who were selected to be part of an internship at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in the US are fearful their dreams may not come through due to a lack of funding. The programme begins in one month.