The Ministry of Health is expressing concern over media reports on the request for grant funding from the Children’s Life Fund, for Sheenece Jackson.
A statement by the ministry says that it empathizes with the family at this difficult time and is reassuring the public that the Children's Life Fund Authority (CLFA) is in constant contact with the parents of Sheenece Jackson as they urgently seek a relative or other volunteer who is a willing, compatible and suitable donor.
Trinidad and Tobago nationals who are in need of brain surgery are set to benefit from a Memorandum of Understanding signed with the People’s Republic of China to strengthen cooperation in the field of medicine and health.
The Ministry of Health says the MOU, which was signed on May 14, 2018 during the official visit of Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley to the People’s Republic of China, will see the provision of a specialist medical team from the Beijing Tiantan Hospital (the leading neurosurgical medical institute in China) to perform much-needed neurosurgeries for locals.
The North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) is advising the public that the County Medical Officer of Health, St George Central office, located on Hassanali St and El Socorro Rd and the George St Health Centre were closed at 12 noon today, Tuesday 11th September, 2018.
This closure became necessary due to the disruption in the water supply to these facilities.
It says both facilities will resume operations at 8 am on Wednesday 12th September, 2018.
Minister of Health, Terrance Deylasingh says the health sector has seen a 100 percent turnout of health workers today.
The Minister said that in some cases, the figure is even above 100 percent.
"Last week I informed our citizens that our healthcare workers have earned the respect of a grateful nation. Today, not only have they earned our renewed respect, but they have also earned our eternal gratitude and trust," the minister said.
The Ministry of Health says that all 50 blood samples taken from residents of the Cedros area have all tested negative for malaria.
In a statement issued Friday, the Ministry said that as per protocol, on Monday 27th August, 11 persons were tested through the use of blood smears and all 11 came back negative for malaria.
The Ministry of Health (MoH) and the North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) has agreed to construct a new 540 bed patient tower to replace the now decanted Central Block of the Port-of-Spain General Hospital.
The ministry shared the information today Registered Nurses Association (TTRNA) and the Medical Association (TTMA) at the ministry's head office, Port of Spain.
The TTRNA and the TTMA were presented with two options for consideration:
The North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) is advising that the Haematology Clinic formerly housed on ward 44 of the Central Block has been relocated to the second (2nd) floor of the administration building at Port of Spain General Hospital (POSGH).
In a statement issued on Tuesday, the NWRHA said patients continue to receive treatment as required and full clinic services will resume on Wednesday 29th August, 2018.