health

‘They let my wife die’

Glen Pe­ters, 45, is seek­ing an­swers from of­fi­cials of the To­ba­go Re­gion­al Health Au­thor­i­ty (TRHA) fol­low­ing the death of his 48-year-old wife Mavis John-Pe­ters last week.

The death cer­tifi­cate showed that she died of stom­ach can­cer.

Pe­ters, who lives in De­laford, claims there were de­lays in di­ag­nos­ing his wife’s con­di­tion when she was ad­mit­ted to the Scar­bor­ough Gen­er­al Hos­pi­tal and he be­lieves this is why she en­sured “bad pain, sleep­less nights and then let her die.”

Hospital probes woman’s death after giving birth

The griev­ing com­mon-law hus­band of 26-year-old Maquad­er Mar­tin wants an­swers be­fore his wife is laid to rest.

Davis Nedd is claim­ing that his wife’s death was due to neg­li­gence on the part of the med­ical per­son­nel at the Ma­ter­ni­ty Ward of the San Fer­nan­do Gen­er­al Hos­pi­tal.

Mar­tin died on the floor near the bath­room area of the ma­ter­ni­ty ward on Sat­ur­day, three days af­ter she gave birth to her first ba­by.

Woman dies after giving birth at Sando hospital

The fam­i­ly of a La Ro­maine woman, who died three days af­ter she gave birth to a healthy ba­by girl at the San Fer­nan­do Gen­er­al Hos­pi­tal, is blam­ing neg­li­gence for her death.

The fam­i­ly of Maquad­er Mar­tin, 26, al­so be­lieve the hos­pi­tal is try­ing to cov­er up the in­ci­dent be­cause the post-mortem was done on Sun­day in the ab­sence of any fam­i­ly mem­ber.

The au­top­sy, ac­cord­ing to her fam­i­ly, found that she died from a pul­monary em­bolism (a blood clot in the lungs).

Ministry: Beef recalled by USDA was not being imported into T&T

The Ministry of Health says it notes that a Health Advisory has been recently issued by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food Safety and Inspection Services (FSIS) and the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

This is concerning a nationwide (USA) recall of (Class 1) Raw Beef Products branded as Kroger Ground Beef, distributed by the Kroger Co. Cincinnati, Ohio, due to possible Salmonella contamination.

The ministry says that no other brands of ground beef are implicated in this recall.

Pages