The South West Regional Health Authority says it continues to remain on heightened alert for Swine Flu cases and has coordinated all its facilities within the region to be prepared with flu vaccines.
The SWRHA is also seeking to assure the public that all proper medical procedures were followed in the treatment of Nicole Seecharan, the Tabaquite woman, who succumbed to the virus.
It says on December 10th last year, swabs were taken for testing and the results came in 9 days later.
Ministry of Health officials have confirmed three deaths related to Swine Flu.
On Wednesday Guardian Media revealed that a 47-year-old Tabaquite woman died from the H1N1 virus.
Today, Director of Women's Health Dr Adesh Sirjusingh said there's no need for public alarm.
He said that at this time of year, the seasonal influenza is circulating.
He added that the flu is like the common cold but come as a more severe form of illness and in worst case scenarios, can result in death.
A two-month-old baby is fighting for his life at the San Fernando General Hospital after he fell over a bannister at his parent's home in Point Fortin on New Year’s Day.
The baby is said to be resting in a critical condition at the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.
SWRHA acting medical director Dr Robin Sinanan has confirmed that over the past few months, there were patients being treated for H1N1 (Swine Flu). He said the figure was not alarming and the patients are being treated.
“I think by now H1N1 would be endemic to the country. It’s global. Folks travel all the time and we are always screening people on travel and when they return. The ministry has a national programme where they screen people who are returning from all countries, so yes, it is always on the cards.”