Hyperthermia

Autopsy: Child died of hyperthermia caused by extreme heat

Three-year-old Isaiah Hazel died of hyperthermia caused by extreme heat and dehydration.

This was revealed in an autopsy that was conducted on the boy’s tiny body on Friday at the Forensic Sciences Centre in St James.

Hazel’s parents declined to comment.

“I don’t know what to say…I have nothing to say…whatever is to be said is up to the parents…I don’t even want to know what the autopsy said because I didn’t ask,” his grandmother June Vincent said.