Kidnapped

Kidnapped Jamaican businessman released

Kid­napped Ja­maican busi­ness­man Yohan Chin has been re­leased by his ab­duc­tors af­ter 51 days in cap­tiv­i­ty.

Po­lice con­firmed Chin was re­leased around 7 am on Tues­day but de­clined to give fur­ther in­for­ma­tion.

Chin’s fam­i­ly made a pub­lic ap­peal last month for his ab­duc­tors to con­tact them to com­plete ne­go­ti­a­tions for his safe re­lease in a news­pa­per ad.

Chin’s fam­i­ly owns a chain of busi­ness­es in Ja­maica and Cana­da. A US$6 mil­li­on ran­som was de­mand­ed for his safe re­turn.

Man snatched at sea, family pleads for help

Au­gust will make one year since fish­er­man Bar­ry Boban was kid­napped by pi­rates while fish­ing off the coast of Moru­ga.

He was nev­er found and al­though po­lice said the case in­to his dis­ap­pear­ance is be­ing ac­tive­ly in­ves­ti­gat­ed, Boban’s sis­ter Ema­lyn Boban re­mains hope­ful that he will come home one day.

One kidnapped fisherman released; ransom partly paid

One of the five fishermen kidnapped by Venezuelan pirates has been released. 

A well-placed source told Guardian Media the unknown man was released sometime today.

A part of the US$200,000 ransom demanded by the abductors was reportedly paid.

The identity of the man has not been released. 

Jagdesh Jude Jaikaran, 16, Linton Manohar, 36, Brandon Arjoon, 28, brothers Jason O’Brien 38 and Jerry O’Brien 36, all of Morne Diablo, Penal and Ricky Rambharose 35, who lives in a neighbouring community, were kidnapped and taken to Venezuela. 

Venezuelans demand US$200,000 for kidnapped T&T fishermen

Police are searching for clues in connection with the suspected kidnapping of five fishermen and a teenager by men believed to be Venezuelan pirates, who are demanding US$200,000 by this Friday for their release.

A picture of the victims began circulating on social media this morning.

The T&T nationals are seen surrounded by armed men with high powered rifles.

TTPS searching for kidnapped family of four

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service has activated all its units to find a missing family of four who were forcibly taken from their home by masked men earlier today.
Missing is 26-year-old Aaron, his wife Paula and their two children five-year-old Ricardo and three-year-old Isabella Sooknanan.
According to reports six masked men stormed the family's Jhulai Branch Trace, Penal Rock Road home, early this morning and forced them into a vehicle.
When officers visited the home, they discovered the front door damaged and the interior of the house ransacked.

Kunti’s daring escape, after a week in captivity

A week after she was reportedly abducted by four men, Kunti Deopersad returned home yesterday after she managed to escape from her captors using a hairpin to unlock the door.

Deopersad account of the unusual kindness from her abductors, while she was locked in a room with another woman for a week, has left investigators confused.

The 39-year-old woman said she was fed vegetarian food at her request and was kept blindfolded for most of the time so that she could not see the face of her abductors.

South businessman kidnapped

The owner of Puff and Stuff Bakery has been kidnapped and a $250,000 ransom is being demanded for his safe return.

Reports indicate that Gregory Laing went to his business place in Vistabella around 4 am today to open up for employees, when he was snatched by two men and bundled into a vehicle.

Family members later received a call demanding a ransom of $250,000 for his safe return.

Pages