For many, it's been somewhat of the nuisance in the wallet, the smallest monetary representation in T&T with minimal use, the one-cent coin.
But if ever it needed your love, one last time, it would be today.
As of tomorrow, Tuesday, July 3rd, the one-cent coin will cease to be legal tender in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Central Bank had said in a statement on April 1, 2018, that the public could redeem one-cent coins at commercial banks or the Central Bank up to July 2, 2018.
Although the T&T Electricity Commission (T&TEC) has spent more $60 million in the last five months to improve its service, it is hampered by $225 million in arrears, with business and government entities among the biggest debtors.
Chairman Keith Sirju said hospitals and ministries had not paid their electricity bills for several months and this was affecting T&TEC’s cash flow and its ability to carry out certain operations in a timely manner.
If you're waking up this morning wondering whether you're just a mere $22 million richer, well, we have bad news for you.
No one won the lotto last night. Happy right?!!
Yep, we know some of you looked at the draw last night and realised that you didn't win, so it's not such bad news after all.
Actually, while the estimated jackpot was $22 million, the actual jackpot amounted to $22,948,764.68, just enough extra hundred thousands to buy a roti and a red solo.
The Ministry of Finance says funds are available for salaries to be paid across the public service.
This comes as several public servants including teachers have not yet been paid.
However the Ministry issued the following statement saying the money has been made available.
"The Ministry of Finance wishes to confirm that during the last week, it made available to all ministries the necessary funds to pay salaries for the month of October 2017.
Every day we get dozens of posts from our viewers and today this is one that stood out, a post that seeks to highlight an honest man who returned $1000 to a woman who did not even know she had lost it.
Victoria Davis said she felt that in a time when there is a lot of negative news, it was good to highlight the positive as well.
She sent this post to CNC3's Facebook page, saying it happened to her aunt.
Former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner scoffed on Friday at reports that the new leaders of the global football governing body are seeking to sue him, insisting Fifa owes him money.
"I don't owe Fifa one nickel and I know that Fifa owes me, but we will deal with that in the fullness of time," Warner said, addressing reporters on the steps of the Hall of Justice in Port-of-Spain.
Warner said that since his resignation in 2011, he has not been paid a pension of US $100 000 a year.