National Hurricane Centre

National Hurricane Centre watching two new systems crossing the Atlantic

The National Hurricane Centre (NHC) in Miami is tracking two tropical waves that have formed in the Atlantic off the coast of Africa.

One of the systems has a 60 percent chance of developing into a tropical cyclone in the next five days and the other has been given a 40 percent chance.

With regard to the first one, the NHC says it continues to produce widespread showers and thunderstorms.

National Hurricane Centre's track shows another weather system likely to pass in five days

The National Hurricane Centre in Miami is tracking an area of disturbed weather, which, according to its 2 pm weather outlook, could affect Trinidad and Tobago in five days.

The system is still some distance off and has only a 20 percent chance of formation within the five-day time span.

The National Hurricane Centre describes the system as follow:

"Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located several hundred miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands are associated with a tropical wave. Some gradual development is possible through the

Latest NHC model shows path barely missing Trinidad; buoys detect near Tropical Storm winds

A new tracking path released by the National Hurricane Centre (NHC) in Miami is now showing that the approaching weather pattern may not directly pass over Trinidad but will still produce substantial rainfall and gusty winds.

The NHC released its latest statement at 2 pm today, as a Hurricane Hunter was preparing to report on whether the system has turned into a cyclone.

However, the NHC says data from buoys have registered wind speeds near Tropical Storm force.

New NHC model shows minor change in path; Hurricane Hunter due later today

A US military aircraft, referred to as a Hurricane Hunter, will fly into the area of disturbed weather east of Trinidad and Tobago later today, to determine whether it has cyclonic activity to make it a tropical depression, storm or even a hurricane.

A new path model released by the National Hurricane Centre (NHC) in Miami is showing a slight shift northward, with the lower end of the system set to pass over Northern Trinidad.

It differs slightly from the model released on Monday, which showed the possibility of the entire island being covered by the system.

National Hurricane Centre on approaching weather system

While the Met Office is issuing bulletins on the weather system east of Trinidad and Tobago, the National Hurricane Centre (NHC) in Miami is also playing close attention to the developing system.

The following is a bulletin issued the NHC at 8 am Monday.

"For the North Atlantic, Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: