Student's hair burnt in prank at school

A mother is now seeking answers after her son’s hair was burnt during an apparent prank at the Coryal High School yesterday. 

Felicia Ragbir said two students used a cigarette lighter to burn the hair on her son Roberto Gregoire’s head. She said while her 13-year-old son, a Form Two student, suffered no major injuries, she was distraught that such an incident could occur in school.

The matter was reported to Cumuto Police Station by teachers and the two boys were taken to the Cumuto Police Station where officers took statements from them yesterday.