“Blunders by the Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC) are a cause for concern,” says Princes Town MP, Barry Padarath.
The MP spoke with Guardian Media on Monday when he went to cast his vote at the Couva Anglican School at the Southern Main Road.
Padarath was informed that the Station opened a few minutes after 6 am, much to the displeasure of the lines of voters who had been at the venue since 5 am, waiting to cast their ballots.
Padarath said he has been informed that there were issues in Mayaro and Princes Town.
A wooden bridge along the Buen Intento Road in Princes Town was set on fire early this morning. The bridge has since been cordoned off and motorists are being directed to use alternative routes.
Junior Seepersad, who lives in the area, said: “This morning I had a make a detour which took 45 minutes more for me to reach to work. There are children who could not go to school this morning because they could not cross the bridge. People could not go to work. It is really an inconvenience now.”
A man has been shot an killed in princes town.
Details are still coming to hand however CNC3 News understands that shortly after 7am, Kevon Richardson also known as "Dappa" was ambushed outside his home by a gunman.
An altercation ensued and Richardson was shot by his assailant.
On hearing the loud explosions police were contacted and discovered the man lying in a pool of blood.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
An early morning shooting has claimed the life of a Prison Officer attached to the Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. CNC3 News understands around 4 am the officer identified as 38-year-old Darren Francis was at his home located at Hillview Drive, Princes Town when he was ambushed. The armed assailant is said to have shot Francis once in the head. The police were contacted and discovered Francis lying in a pool of blood. He was taken to the District Health Facility but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Head of the Hindustan Shiv mandir Pundit Kasheva Gosine has led devotees in a march against crime, saying many crimes in Princes Town go unreported.
The procession marked the start of the Hindu period of Navratri.
Gosine said the nine nights of Bhagwat (prayers) were meant to bring harmony in the community hard hit by crime.
A Princes Town man, charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition, is expected to appear before the Princes Town Magistrates’ Court on Friday 24th August, 2018, to answer to the charges.
Kerron Joseph, a 22-year-old of Mohan Avenue, Princes Town, was arrested after a search warrant was executed at his home during an anti-crime exercise yesterday.
During the exercise, officers attached to the Princes Town Criminal Investigations Department (CID), executed the warrant around 5:15pm on Wednesday 22nd August, 2018.
A Princes Town man is sentenced to 70 months’ hard-labour by a Princes Town Magistrate, after pleading guilty to housebreaking and larceny of a woman’s house in Moruga.
Prem Gajadhar, 22, of Matilda Avenue, Princes Town, was also charged with possession of marijuana, when he appeared before Senior Magistrate Rae Roopchand, in the Princes Town 1st Magistrates’ Court, on Monday 23rd July, 2018, to answer to the charges.
He was sentenced to 70 months’ hard-labour for the charge of housebreaking and larceny and 12 months’ hard-labour for the charge of possession of marijuana.
Determined to get a new school before the next academic year, scores of parents and pupils from Princes Town Presbyterian No 1 & 2 schools staged a placard protest Monday, as they called on Education Minister Anthony Garcia to make good on his promise to rebuild their school.
The school structure at Edward Street has been torn down since last year but because of a dispute between the Ministry and the Presbyterian Primary Schools Board of Education, almost 900 pupils from the two schools are facing severe hardship.
A Princes Town man, charged with buggery and grievous sexual assault against a 19-year-old woman with developmental delays, has been granted bail in the amount of $300,000 with surety, after appearing before a San Fernando Magistrate today.
Negus Charles, 38, a labourer, of Realize Road, Princes Town, who is also charged with indecent assault, appeared before Senior Magistrate Cherril-Anne Antoine in the San Fernando 1st Magistrates’ Court, on Monday 21st May, 2018.
The matter has been postponed to Monday 18th June, 2018.