A man from Wallerfield is expected to appear before an Arima Magistrate today on gun-related charges.
The suspect was arrested during an intelligence-led police exercise on Thursday that took place at his home at Jump Street, off Demerara Road, Wallerfield.
Official police reports indicate that officers of the Northern Division, under the supervision of Snr Sup Paul, executed a search warrant in the presence of the suspect.
A pump-action homemade shotgun was found and seized.
The suspect was subsequently arrested and charged for possession of a firearm.
The Director of Public Prosecutions, Roger Gaspard, believes identification through police line-up should be the first form of identification for a suspect, instead of the use of video footage.
He made the recommendation at today’s meeting of a Special Select Committee of Parliament, examining the Evidence Amendment Bill 2019.
DPP Gaspard said it gives the police and the witness a broader scope and a better chance at pinpointing a suspect.
Southern Division police are denying that a suspect has been held for questioning in the disappearance of Natalie Pollonais.
There were rumours that the suspect was held this morning after he was found with Pollonais' mobile phone.
However, a senior officer told the Trinidad Guardian that there have been many false rumours being spread through social media that has been causing increased anxiety among Pollonais' family and friends.
The key suspect in the fatal stabbing of Dillon Lucas outside the Cloud 9 nightclub in Debe last Sunday has been discharged from the San Fernando General Hospital.
Homicide investigators went to the man's home yesterday where they recorded a statement from him.
He denied killing Lucas saying it was Lucas who attacked him.
An autopsy conducted on Lucas's body at the Forensic Science Centre revealed that death was due to shock and hemorrhage, consistent with multiple stab wounds to the neck, chest, and stomach.
A male suspect, wanted in connection with a shooting incident at a casino in Curepe, on Saturday 2nd June, 2018, is arrested and a pistol and a quantity of ammunition seized, by officers of the Inter-Agency Task Force, Fort Chacon Base, during an anti-crime exercise in the Laventille district, this morning.
The exercise, spearheaded by ASP (Ag.), Chris Bailey, was conducted between 5:00am and 9:00am, on Friday 8th June, 2018, and included officers of the St. Joseph CID.
The primary suspect in the quadruple La Brea murders remains in police custody while his male relative has been released.
The suspect who was arrested while walking along the roadway in Valencia yesterday morning has been transferred from the Arouca Police Station to the Homicide Bureau in South Trinidad.
He remains under close police guard as he's being questioned in connection with the killings of Abigail Chapman, her 15-year-old daughter Olivia Chapman, Mickela Mason, as well as landlord Michael Scott.
Clint Rivers, one of the five people released by police on Thursday after being held for six days in connection with a terror threat on Carnival 2018, will be pursuing legal action.
This was disclosed yesterday by his attorney Wayne Sturge at the San Fernando High Court, where the habeas corpus writ was declared spent as Rivers was released. Justice Ricky Rahim, however, ordered that the state pay legal costs.
A teenaged boy has been stabbed to death in Diego Martin and a close relative is now in custody.
Around 7 am today, officers of the Western Division Task Force responded to a call that there was an altercation at a house located at Temple Street, Diego Martin.
Upon arrival, the officers discovered the body of 17-year-old Jonathon Bertie lying in a pool of blood.
He had been stabbed once in the back.
Police have a male suspect in custody who told them that he heard a particular voice in his head telling him to kill his relative.
A California woman suspected of murdering the father of her two children is hoping to be released from prison after raising $65m (£52m) bail.
Tiffany Li, 31, posted $4m in cash and pledged $61m in property, raised from a group of friends, family and business associates, the Associated Press said.
The bail had been set at $35m, but California courts require double the amount if property is used.
Her lawyer said she was "well-liked in the community", the LA Times reported.
A murder suspect on the run for 13 months was arrested by police on his way to Machel Monday (February 20).
The suspect, Ricardo James, 26, appeared before a Sangre Grande magistrate yesterday.
Police officers attached to Homicide Bureau Region 11, based at the Arouca Police Station, arrested James and subsequently charged with murder of Javel Pierre.
James, also known as ‘Doodie Scrunter’, of Rampersad Trace, Vega de Oropouche, Toco Main Road, appeared before Senior Magistrate Debra Quintyne in the Sangre Grande First Magistrates Court.